New York (October 17, 2022) –A glittering crowd turned out for the 38th annual Fashion Group International (FGI) Night of Stars gala and awards ceremony last Thursday, October 13, at Casa Cipriani at Cipriani South Street in Manhattan.
The event kicked off with one of the most stylish red carpets of the New York social season, followed by a cocktail party hosted by designer Frederick Anderson (recent winner of the FGI Rising Star Award for Womenswear), with music by The Misshapes.
Notable attendees included legendary fashion designers, models, industry insiders, and influencers: Adut Akech, Jason Wu, Coco Rocha, Rebecca Moses, Stan Herman, Jessica Wang, Linda Fargo, Andrew Hilfiger, Daphne Velghe, Leckie Roberts, Carlos Campos, Miss America Emma Broyles, Alexander Hankin, Gary and Cole Wassner, Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin, The Dragon Sisters, and Lisa Simonsen.
A seated dinner and awards ceremony followed, as FGI, friends, and well-known presenters honored this year’s slate of “Artists and Icons” in a range of categories spanning the fashion, entertainment, and business worlds, from style and retail to beauty, sustainability, and humanitarianism:
- Supermodel and CEO of Iman Cosmetics IMAN presented the Superstar Award to designer Michael Kors
- Actress Mariska Hargitay presented the Fashion Star Award to designer Christian Siriano
- Author Candace Bushnell presented the Retail Award to LoveShackFancy, accepted on behalf of the company by Founder Rebecca Hessel Cohen
- Makeup artist Sir John presented the Beauty Award to Sharon Chuter, Founder of UOMA Beauty
- Author Deepak Chopra presented the Sustainability Award to Firmenich, accepted on behalf of the company by Firmenich President Global Perfumery Ilaria Resta
- Politician Huma Abedin presented the Humanitarian Award to designer Prabal Gurung
- Actress Linda Marshall presented the Trailblazer Award to Grammy award-winning singer Dionne Warwick
- Andy Hilfiger, Creative Director Andrew Charles, presented the Fashion Oracle Award posthumously to Elvis Presley, accepted on behalf of the musician by Matt Abruzzo, Senior Director, Brand Management at Authentic Brands Group
Maryanne Grisz, FGI President and CEO: “FGI Night of Stars is a celebration of extraordinary individuals in entertainment, fashion, beauty and culture. We are grateful to all who, by attending our most important fundraiser of the year, help Fashion Group International’s mission to connect, provide resources, support new talent, and celebrate the fashion industry at every level.”
Past FGI Night of Stars Superstar Awards honorees have included Tommy Hilfiger, Rick Owens, Diane Von Furstenberg, Donna Karan, Dries Van Noten, Marc Jacobs, Carolina Herrera, Riccardo Tisci, Giorgio Armani, and Valentino, as well as presenters and honorees, Anna Sui, Iman, Laverne Cox, Martha Stewart, Olivier Rousteing, Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian and more.
FGI Night of Stars ticket proceeds support the organization’s mission to connect, support, and empower members across the fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and retail sectors around the globe, through a range of educational and mentorship programs, signature events, networking opportunities, business resources, and philanthropic partnerships.
The event is sponsored by: Hearst Magazines, International Flavors and Fragrances, FTD, and Location 8
ABOUT FASHION GROUP INTERNATIONAL
Founded in 1928 by a group of 17 women leaders, with original charters including Helena Rubenstein, Eleanor Roosevelt, Edith Head, and other renowned fashion icons, Fashion Group International (FGI) was established as an industry forum for career advancement. Today, the non-profit organization remains dedicated to connecting and supporting fashion professionals at every level, from startups to seasoned professionals. By providing access, education, and connection, FGI seeks to spark creativity, fuel innovation, and advance the business of fashion.
FGI maintains a headquarters in New York City, chapters in 26 regions worldwide, and a roster of over 5,000 active members in fashion and related design sectors including apparel, accessories, beauty, retail, and lifestyle. Vital member benefits offered to FGI members include ongoing professional development opportunities, forums for discussion and networking, market insights, mentorship opportunities with industry leaders, business directories and resources, and high-profile event platforms for professional recognition.
The Fashion Group Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Fashion Group International and is dedicated to nurturing the fashion talent of tomorrow through education, scholarships, internships, and career counseling services. The FGI Foundation also promotes charitable partnerships and impactful public service initiatives that enable fashion industry professionals to give back at the local, national, and international levels.